Grammar Rewiew
Present Simple
Affirmative:
Subject + verb(infinitive) + complements
Negative:
Subject + don't/doesn't + verb (infinitive) + complements
Question:
Do/Does(3rd person singular) + subject + verb(infinitive)+ complements?
-You use the present Simple to explain your routines.
-You use the present simple to describe.
-You use the present simple when you give your opinion or when you explain what you like.
-You use the present simple for time tables and programs.
Time expressions:
Affirmative:
Subject + verb(infinitive) + complements
Negative:
Subject + don't/doesn't + verb (infinitive) + complements
Question:
Do/Does(3rd person singular) + subject + verb(infinitive)+ complements?
-You use the present Simple to explain your routines.
-You use the present simple to describe.
-You use the present simple when you give your opinion or when you explain what you like.
-You use the present simple for time tables and programs.
Time expressions:
- always
- every day/every month, every week,....
- often
- normally
- usually
- sometimes
- never
- once a week, once a month,..
- Twice a week,..
e.g.:
I/You/We/They play with my cousin every day.
He/She/It plays with my cousin every day.
I/You/We/They play with my cousin every day.
He/She/It plays with my cousin every day.
Present Continuous
Affirmative:
Subject + is/are/am (verb auxiliary) +verb + ing + complements
(3rd person singular)-->use is
Negative:
Subject + isn't/aren't + verb + ing + complements
Question:
Is/Are/Am + Subject + verb + ing + complements?
- You use the present continuous for to explain the actions which pass in the moment.
- You can use the present continuous to explain the future, for things you have in your diary ( you have programate).
Time expressions:
e.g.:
You/We/They are playing with my cousin now.
He/She/It is playing with my cousin now.
I am playing with my cousin now.
Subject + is/are/am (verb auxiliary) +verb + ing + complements
(3rd person singular)-->use is
Negative:
Subject + isn't/aren't + verb + ing + complements
Question:
Is/Are/Am + Subject + verb + ing + complements?
- You use the present continuous for to explain the actions which pass in the moment.
- You can use the present continuous to explain the future, for things you have in your diary ( you have programate).
Time expressions:
- at the moment
- at this moment
- today
- now
- right now
- in this week
e.g.:
You/We/They are playing with my cousin now.
He/She/It is playing with my cousin now.
I am playing with my cousin now.
Past Simple
Affirmative:
Subject + verb+ ed (regular verb) / irregulars verbs (2nd column) + complements
Negative:
Subject + didn't + verb (infinitive) + complements
Question:
Did + subject + verb(infinitive)+ complements?
-
-You use the Past Simple to explain your routines in the past.
-
Time expressions:
e.g.:
I/You/He/She/It/We/They played with my cousin yesterday.
I/You/He/She/It/We/They ate tomatoes with my sister yesterday.
Affirmative:
Subject + verb+ ed (regular verb) / irregulars verbs (2nd column) + complements
Negative:
Subject + didn't + verb (infinitive) + complements
Question:
Did + subject + verb(infinitive)+ complements?
-
-You use the Past Simple to explain your routines in the past.
-
Time expressions:
- always
- often
- sometimes
- ...
e.g.:
I/You/He/She/It/We/They played with my cousin yesterday.
I/You/He/She/It/We/They ate tomatoes with my sister yesterday.
Future Will
Affirmative:
Subject + will + verb (infinitive) + complements
Negative:
Subject + won't + verb (infinitive) + complements
Question:
Will + subject + verb(infinitive)+ complements?
-You use the future Will when you speak about possibles actions and predictions.
Time expressions:
e.g.:
I/You/He/She/It/We/They will play with my cousin in summer.
Future be going to
Affirmative:
Subject + is/are (verb auxiliary) going to + verb (infinitive) + complements
(3rd person singular)-->use is
Negative:
Subject + is/are going to + verb (infinitive) + complements
Question:
Is/are + subject + going to + verb(infinitive)+ complements?
- You use the Be going to when you speak about plans in the future but you know sure what you do it.
Time expressions:
e.g.:
I/You/We/They are going to play with my cousin now.
He/She/It is going to play with my cousin now.
Affirmative:
Subject + will + verb (infinitive) + complements
Negative:
Subject + won't + verb (infinitive) + complements
Question:
Will + subject + verb(infinitive)+ complements?
-You use the future Will when you speak about possibles actions and predictions.
Time expressions:
- next year, next
- in summer, in winter,..
- in 20 years ' time
- in the future
- maybe
- perhaps
- probably
- probably
- I'm sure
e.g.:
I/You/He/She/It/We/They will play with my cousin in summer.
Future be going to
Affirmative:
Subject + is/are (verb auxiliary) going to + verb (infinitive) + complements
(3rd person singular)-->use is
Negative:
Subject + is/are going to + verb (infinitive) + complements
Question:
Is/are + subject + going to + verb(infinitive)+ complements?
- You use the Be going to when you speak about plans in the future but you know sure what you do it.
Time expressions:
e.g.:
- tomorrow
- next moth, next week
- ...
I/You/We/They are going to play with my cousin now.
He/She/It is going to play with my cousin now.
No comments:
Post a Comment